Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Warm Monday

Yesterday was very warm. Its hard to work in this heat, and some of the old people I see still think that it is January, instead of June. I saw a 90something year old man that had his long johns on. AND covered in a blanket. He was soo cute. As many people have, Eric began last fall to think of ways we would survive if hard times fell on us. So he filled our freezer with deer, duck, goose, rabbit, and coon. I will never try to cook the coon. It makes me jump every time I open the deep freezer, because Eric has put it up in the freezer with one foot sticking out of the freezer paper. He says he has to do it that way, because when he gives it to the black man at work, he won't take it any other way. Eric says that they won't take it unless it is wrapped like that, because people have brought them cats before. Nope, don't think I'll be trying coon. I bought a cookbook to give me some ideas on how to cook this wild game. I haven't been real impressed with the recipes, but it does help to know how long to cook some of this stuff. Last night I tried my hand at rabbit. Let me just say, Rabbit will not be on my last supper wish. I cooked in the crock pot all day, and it turned our really dry. Eric wants me to try Barb-b -q -ing it, so I will give it one more try. Poor bunny.
After supper, Eric mowed and weed-eated, I watered my plants, and the girls dug for earthworms. They said they were getting them for the next time they went fishing. After going outside, I made Leah practice reciting / recognizing her letters and made Elizabeth read a blog on the Internet that her friend from school is writing with her mom. It's something that she is interested in and helps her read. Then it was bath time and off to bed after that. Eric stayed up watching Swamp Loggers, while I charted for the evening. He went to sleep around 9:45, so when I finished my "homework", I enjoyed a glass of muscadine juice and read my bible. As Janna says "Life is good."

1 comment:

  1. Rabbit dumplings!!! Yum yum!!That's the best way to fix up that bunny. All ya need now is some bull frogs in that freezer. Then you can try Phyllis's fried frog legs recipe. Tell aunt Jana she might like it if we sprinkled weeds on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete