Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back home

Oh the joy's of coming back home. Eric was a wonderful chiefer for our entire trip. I did not have to drive one inch of our trip. We drove forever on Monday it seemed. I did persuade Eric o stop in Memphis for lunch. It helps when there is a Joe's Crab Shack to help convince him to stop. When we got home, we quickly watered the plants that were in dehydration, before going to mom and dad's for supper. They went to the White River while we were gone for a mini-vacation of fishing. They both had a good time and brought back some trout to eat. Dad tried two different recipe's for the trout, and fried trout wins out hands down. Eric and the girls liked it grilled with lemon pepper and lemons and limes. But the fried was liked by all. Dad says they will do "catch and release" next time. He is not a fan of trout. It was very nice to not have to cook when I got home, and was well appreciated.
On Tuesday, the work began. Eric decided to stay home, thinking he would relax before he went back to work. But instead, he bush hogged all day in the heat along with worming the horses, and spraying fly spray on the horses. I spent most of the day cleaning house and doing laundry. I didn't get finished before I had to start supper. Eric volunteered me to cook supper for mom and dad . I think he did that so that it would guarantee he would get a home cooked meal. We had grilled deer tenderloin (butterfly the tenderloin, place cream cheese and a jalapeno pepper, then wrap with bacon), grilled corn on the cob, and fried sweet potatoes. So yummy!. After supper, we went to the ball field for one more tball game. It ended up being very boring, because the coaches on both sides decided this would be a learning game. They wanted to teach the girls to throw it to the bases, and have all the girls run the whole way around. No competition, no fun!! The girls did have a good time though, because they never got out!
So today I should be up and finishing up my job from the day before, so that I can play the rest of the week. But........

No comments:

Post a Comment