Monday, June 15, 2009

Beautiful Weekend

What a hot weekend. Summer has arrived in my book. On Friday, after doing laundry, the girls and I went to our friend Pat's house to swim. I really didn't have time, but the girls had bugged me about it all week, and I really want them to have a fun summer. The good Lord saved me on this trip. He sent an afternoon thundershower while we were there, so the girls only got about an 1 hour swim. Enough for me, but you know they were unhappy. After swimming, we quickly bought groceries at WalMart, then went to Granny and PawPaw's for supper. Dad had went fishing the day before with a church member, so he was cooking supper for us and Bro Dub and Sis Yoko Allen. Sis Yoko is a dear, sweet lady, from Okinawa, that always sends good food that she has cooked to Mom and Dad. It's usually fried rice and egg rolls, and sometimes something extra. So Mom and Dad, I beleave, were re-paying the favor. The girls spent the night with Eric's dad and step-mother on Friday night, so that Eric and I could go riding again on our motorcycle. We got up early on Saturday and rode with 7 other friends to Queen Wilhemina State Park. It was beutiful. I have never been that far west in our state, and I think I could live there. If you squint your eyes enough, you can imagine you are in Montana. We ate at a nice restraunt in Mena, I think the name was "The Chopping Block". We rode over 300 miles Saturday. My tail end was very sore by the end of the day. And it was a very hot and humid afternoon. I have never wanted a bath so bad. We came home, got our baths, and Eric then went to pick up the girls. They had a great time being spoiled by MaMaw Sherley.
Sunday we went to church, then went to Mom's for pork tenderloin, fresh cucumbers, fried potatoes, squash, and zuchinnie, green beans, and cabbage slaw. Yes, I gained another 5lbs Im sure, just from lunch. The girls got a suprise at Granny's house. She got a pool from Uncle Ross that they were not going to set up this year. She is now an official member of the "redneck front yard blue swimming pool society." They talked her into letting them swim and Eric and I went home and took a wonderful nap. Went back to church last night, and off to work today. Lord - Please let the week be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment