Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Busy Weekend

Last week was very uneventful, until Friday. Thursday night, Eric purchased a tractor, so we had to go to Diamond head to pick it up. We bought groceries after that in Malvern, so it was late when we got home. On Friday, I had a long list of things to do, and I felt quite accomplished when I completed everything on my list. One of the things I did was try to clean out Mom's "new to her" pool. She has acquired a redneck blue pool, and I told her I would help clean it on Friday's when she got it. We were planning a trip to float the Caddo on Saturday, so I wanted to get some sun. My skin is very, very white. Well not anymore. Now it is very, very red. I put sunscreen on the girls, and thought I would be ok, because in the past, I have not tanned well, and I usually don't even burn. I am still hurting today in some places. Friday evening I took the girls to a birthday party, and then we came home and had a slumber party in my room. Eric had went to the "condo" on Friday, so it was just us girls. The condo is a small "shack" home that is on the White River Refuge. It belongs to his friend Mike's family and they use it to stay at when they go fishing. Eric loves going there. The condo, is really not that bad, but it is definitely a men's retreat. He brought home 2 gallons of fresh Bass when he came home. He had a great Father's day weekend. On Saturday, the girls and I went to float the Caddo River in Arkadelphia. Kerri and Bradley had invited us to go with them and their family. Kerri's mom and dad, sister and brother-in-law, Bradley's sister - Amanda and husband Chuckie and their kids, all went. We just blow up air rafts and float down. Of course my sun burn did not get any better despite pouring the sun screen on my skin all day. I got a little miffed at the kids too, because they wanted to swim away from me all day, instead of just staying in their inner tubes. We had a picnic on the side bank half way through and let the kids swim. Their were LOTS of people, more than the last time we went, but we had a good time. When we were done, the girls and I had planned on visiting some cousins of mine in Sheridan, at my uncle Donnie's house. I went through Malvern on our way home and we were going to change clothes before we went to visit, but I had left my pants in one of the other vehicles, so home we went. When we got there, Eric took me and the girls on a ranger ride and to see the surprise he had found behind the old chicken house. He had found a baby deer. It was hiding in some tall weeds, and didn't move a bit. We made the girls be real quiet, pulled the weeds back, and took a quick peek. We then left it for the mom to come back and rescue. We then rode to the river and picked a few wild blackberries. We had to fight too many mosquitoes and Elizabeth was eating them as fast as I was picking them.
On Sunday, I fed the dad's. Well kind of. Eric wanted his fresh fish that he had caught, and I don't think I can fry fish very well, so Eric and Dad cooked fish. I fixed everything else - cole slaw made from cabbage from Kerri's garden, pinto beans, hush puppies and fries. The fish was soooo good. I am glad Eric brought that home.
Last night we started working really hard on getting things prepared for bible school It is less than two weeks away. On the way home from church, Eric killed a rattle snake. Aunt Janna - sorry - Eric skinned it and it's in my fridge waiting on me to cook it. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I don't even think Eric would eat rattlesnake! Wish I had some fish! Love you.

    ReplyDelete