Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to Work

As you can tell, since I haven't posted in almost a week, things have went back to being busy. I also don't have great connection to the Internet at home, so I get frustrated trying to type and getting disconnected. Last Thursday the girls and I went shopping for clothes for Elizabeth. It wasn't sooo bad. I thought they would have drove me crazy, but they acted pretty good. We even had lunch with Granny. Of course, that was the highlight of their day. On Friday, we continued to stick around the house most of the day. Eric mowed, I did laundry, and the girls played in and out all day. We did make one trip to town to get Eric's hair cut and replace my salt shaker that Leah had broke the night before. I started out with a rooster and a hen shakers. I think Eric broke the rooster, and so I found a replacement for it at a flea market/antique store. Of course it didn't match, but it had character. So Leah dropped the chicken salt shaker in the floor on Thursday night and I had to replace it. I did find lots of shakers that were chickens, but none really matched what I already had. But I did find a cute set of bee hives. If I find a chicken in the future, I might pass them on to my father-in-law, who works bees.
Friday night, Eric and I tried out a new restaurant for our anniversary. Capers is not a new restaurant, but new to us. It's suppose to be really nice, and it was, but a little pricey. I did expect it to be pricey , but when I pay for pricey, I want a little extra service to make up for it. Don't get me wrong, the food was excellent - very, very good, but they sat us at a very tiny table, of course next to the kitchen, and the place was not full at all. They were slow also to fill our drinks and our water just lacked personality. We had crab and crawfish cakes, set in this wonderful horseradish cream sauce, with a mango/pineapple chutney - it was to die for!! That was our appetizer. Eric, once again, had steak and I had bacon wrapped shrimp with a side of cheese grits ( they were almost as good as mine). We had strawberry shortcake for desert. Eric was disappointed that the shortcake was real shortcake, and not the cheap Hostess kind of shortcake. Redneck! It also had real whip cream on top. Sooooo gooooood.
Saturday we got up and went for a motorcycle ride with Chris and Kim Paty. We left at 8am and rode to Murfessburo, to the Diamond State Park. You can dig for diamonds, but we just enjoyed watching the rednecks. It was better than late night at Walmart. We even met a terrible 5 year old boy, who obviously had never had a spanking. He was very lucky that Chris was more scared of the law than him, because if Chris wouldn't have been afraid of jail, he probably would have given that little *bleep* a spanking. After the diamond mind, we enjoyed a wonderful hamburger in town, then drove onto Old Washington State Park. This state park has over 40 buildings, well actually it's a town, that has been restored to how it was around 1850. They give tours of the homes and some re-enactments. It was very nice. It was a good ride, but it was very late when we got home to rescue Granny and PawPaw. (Sorry Granny!)
Sunday was dad's first day back to preaching and he did a fine job. I know everyone was glad to have him back and you could tell by the attendance, too. We had a church full. Mom made bar-b-q chicken, fried zucchini and squash, and potato salad for lunch and I brought a salad and sweet potato rolls. Very yummy. Eric, Leah and I went for a ride on the Ranger in the bottoms after lunch and Elizabeth stayed with Granny.
Monday was back to work as usual. Of course it was a crazy day, but I am alive. Eric said he had a fine day. We had breakfast for supper last night, since that is quick and easy to fix, and then cleaned house. The girls finished cleaning their rooms, Eric and I worked on the rest of the house and we both took turns running the vacuum. I still have laundry to put up. Its a never ending job at my house! Eric said last night " I wish I knew how to keep this place clean" and I said "I know how, but it won't pay the bills - Let me quit". Guess he will have to continue to help clean house. Poor guy!

2 comments:

  1. You just can't take that boy anywhere can you?? Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to beat cheese grits out of a Quaker box. (; Sounds like y'all had a wonderful weekend Happy Anniversary!! Luv Y'all

    ReplyDelete