Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back to the work week.

I am not doing ANYTHING this weekend. It is time to sit on my butt! I love camping and I love having people over to my house, but it is hard work. I took a small cat nap yesterday afternoon after work. After my 20-30minute nap, we went to our deer food plots and took soil samples. Eric and Nathan are preparing the land for deer season, and Nathan is going to take a sample to the conservation office. We let Elizabeth drive to ranger down the food plots, as Eric got different sections of soil. She did pretty good. The first time she gassed it, though, she sent off the tailgate, onto the ground. I was proud - UNTIL - Eric decided to let her drive down the straight stretch of gravel of the deer lease on the way home. I had Leah in my lap, Eric was in the middle. When we got to the gate, he told her to stop. She slammed on the brake, making Leah thrust forward. Thought I was going to drop Leah. Then he told her to turn toward the house. Well, she wasn't turning it enough, and was heading toward the ditch. She would stop, turn the wheel, then gas it, and she just wasn't making it out of the ditch. So in one last effort, she gassed it HARD!. Leah and I bout flew out in the road. "THAT'S ENOUGH" I yelled, and Eric took us the rest of the way home. That was scary.

When we got home, Eric finally put up my tomato stakes, and I unloaded more of the camper, before it began to rain. I have blooms on a few of my tomatoes and blooms on my eggplants. I even started to pull up Leah's carrots yesterday, and it was starting to form a carrot. I may have carrots by fall. Wonder if they will taste good?

1 comment:

  1. It is pouring rain here this morning, too, and very cool--potty training a puppy in the rain is not a good thing!

    ReplyDelete