Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pulling Teeth

Elizabeth pulled a tooth last week at Mrs Leann's. It actually fell out. She is a BIG baby when it comes to pulling teeth, or anything that may give her a little pain. I hope she lives a healthy life, because I don't think she could handle it if she didn't. Monday night, she had two more that were so loose, you could see underneath the teeth. My uncle, Ross, had come over and he has been successful in the past at keeping her calm and pulling her teeth. He was outside talking with Eric, so I went to Elizabeth's bedroom and told her I had a surprise for her outside, and that she would need to close her eyes. She got excited, covered her eyes, and Leah was in on the trick, too. Leah wanted her to pull it, because they are saving their money to buy UNO Attack. Anyway - once we got her outside and she saw Ross, she tried to run back in the house, but I picked her up and took her to him. He didn't get to pull it. She pulled out the alligator tears and so he didn't try anymore after that. She eventually pulled one tooth that night- I think it fell out too. I tried to bribe her to pull the other one by telling her I would buy her some more fish. She said she would, but she didn't. Eric and I worked some more on VBS, then we all went to bed.
On Tuesday afternoon, the tooth still wasn't out. Leah was getting really frustrated with her sister. I was finishing up charting in my bedroom. It is during this time and when I am on the phone, the girls seem to start pilfering. They know that because they are quiet, and I am left alone, they can quickly get into something. They found my gum on the cabinet in the kitchen and they were seeing how much they could put in their mouth, before I caught them. I told them to stop getting in my gum, but I continued to chart. Elizabeth ran in my room a little bit later and yelled "Momma, Momma, My tooth, my tooth." The gum had pulled the tooth out. FINALLY.
We got a late rain shower yesterday and after supper and working on bible school, we all sat out on the front porch and watched the rain. Eric fell asleep in the swing. Such a nice life.

No comments:

Post a Comment