Friday, July 24, 2009

Camping at Charlton

I bet the other campers think " That woman is crazy. She has her laptop and blackberry. This is suppose to be camping." The kids are asleep still, so I am making use of quiet time to check e-mails and blog. I don't get much quiet time.
Last Friday was Elizabeth's birthday. It was a wonderful and busy day. We got up and went to Brew Heaven for breakfast. Then we went to White Hall to Hunter's Refuge (per her request). She wanted to buy her birthday present there. She's a little on the strange side. She picked out pink with brown horses rubber boots, a camo bikini with a pink bow, and a sling shot. (Eric's child!) Leah, Elizabeth and I then went and had our nails done in town, while Eric went back home and got a trailer. After nails, we drove over to Benton with Eric to pick up a box blade that was part of his tractor deal. We then bought groceries, went home for a small amount of time, then left again. We went to Macaroni Grill with Mom and Dad for supper, then went to a 3-d movie. We got home about midnight. But what a great day. My children are spoilt. I love them.
Saturday was party day. Lauren, my 4 year old niece, had her birthday party in Fordyce, and after that we came home to get ready for our party. We had tacos, and a Rock and Roll theme. The kids got dressed up and gave us plenty of entertainment. We had about 20 guest.
We have left the home this weekend. No entertaining for us. We have had people over the last 3 weekends and it has been so much fun. Even though it is hard work, I think I have really got myself into a tougher job this weekend. We are camping at Charlton. It is us, and then we brought Justin, Anna and Harley with us. We got here after dark last night, and we got the last spot. I'm eyeballing the a spot across from us, they look like they are packing up and it looks a lot more private than the one we are in now. Eric is going to have to go to town today to get a bigger water hose for the camper because ours won't reach the hook-up. Maybe those people are leaving and we can just move. This is going to be one wild weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment