Saturday, July 25, 2009

Memories

I had a guy at our camp yesterday ask if all of those kids were mine. I told him "I might be crazy for the weekend, but I'm not crazy for a lifetime." Getting 5 kids ready each day has been experience. I enjoyed to challenge of being organized yesterday and did a great job, but I worked all day long. I didn't get much physical help from Eric, but he's a great entertainer and disciplinarian to the kids, and that's a big help. I wish I had a quarter every time they asked me "When are we going swimming." We took them to the swimming hole at camp around 12 yesterday. The swimming area is a dammed up spring fed creek. It was ICE COLD!!. The poor babies didn't take 20 minutes before they were saying "can we go back to camp yet". It was painfully cold. So we went back for some lunch, and then let Eric have a small nap. He couldn't sleep much for the kids going in/out of the camper. We decided to go to another campground down the road that is on the lake to let them swim for the afternoon. They had so much more fun then. It wasn't very crowded and they had a great time. We ate hamburgers for supper and grilled corn that Kerri had sent with us, fresh out of the garden. Then 5 kids through a shower, and easily they went off to bed. I can not imagine being the lady from North Arkansas with 19 kids. She speaks so peacefully and she still has dark hair. I yell and would be totally grey.
Today we slept till 9. Very unusual, but why not, we're camping. I decided not to work so hard today, and let them help themselves today. We didn't eat breakfast until 10. (My Grandpa Barnes would croak, ha..... My Mom would croak!) We are now swimming again at Denby Point. I thought it might be crowded today, since it is Saturday, but its not crowded at all. There are lots of campers around here, but also lots of boats on the water. I guess that's where they are doing their swimming. I think tonight Bradley, Kerri and Amanda are coming for supper. I hope they are not coming out of sympathy, because the kids are doing really great, and they are, I should say we are, having a great time. We are making wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment