Thursday, July 16, 2009

15 days ago

Wow, what a whirlwind my life continues to be in. We had bible school last week. It was wonderful, we had anywhere from 114 - 140 attend every night. And so many kids I didn't know. It's that way every year. The teachers were wonderful, they all got along with the kids, they helped me out whenever needed. The whole church came together to work on this bible school. I don't think I know one person in that church who did not do something for VBS. And I have the best parents in the whole wide world. My mom put a bug in my dad's ear to bring me supper Monday and Tuesday night, which lasted for leftover's the rest of the week. I am still blessed. Eric even survived, I didn't kill him.
On Saturday we began working some more. Mom kept the kids on Friday night, so I got up Saturday morning and did some much needed cleaning and organizing. Saturday night we grilled hamburgers for friends and family and enjoyed my new deck. Oh yeah - the weekend of the 4th, Eric built me a wonderful new deck - with the help of my dad, Nathan, and Dennis. So we had to entertain on it last weekend. But it was sooo hot. This is going to be a fall and spring deck I'm afraid. I'm just happy to have a way to get out the back door. My deck furniture looks so nice and the tree makes a nice shade over the deck. Anyway - back to the attendees of our deck party - Bradley, Kerri, Harley, Amanda, Justin, Anna, Mom and Dad, Bradley and Amanda's Parents, Kerri's Parents, and Nathan. After eating hamburgers and homemade ice cream, we shot fireworks. We have been doing this for the last several years, and we got so busy the weekend of the 4th, we just postponed it a weekend. The fireworks were nice, the guys did a real good show.
Sunday, we took long naps.
Monday, I started catching up on my charting I had not done during bible school.
Tuesday, Fold Laundry.
Wednesday, Baked zucchini bread for a friend in need. Leah helped and she called it bikini bread.
Today, get the rest of the house cleaned up for the house cleaning lady tomorrow!! It hasn't got too bad since last week, because I threatened everyone!! PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF!!
Elizabeth's birthday is this weekend. I'm' sure it will be another busy filled weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment