Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Work, Work, Work

I have had a busy last two weeks, enjoying revival at Shiloh, but not enjoying work. We met a all time record at Baptist this last week. We are now taking care of over 900 patients. When I started working for Baptist about 11 1/2 years ago, I worked out of a small office in Sheridan, where we had 2 nurses that case managed about 25 pt each. When our office closed in Sheridan, we went to Little Rock, and I knew every employee. Now I don't know half of the nurses, and I don't know many of the office staff. A lot has changed in the last 10 years. I've been told home health is the wave of the future. I think it may be true.
I had my sweet Nonnie come last week to clean house. She can put the sparkle on! I have managed to keep our house picked up for the last week, so I have been able to invite people over!! It's not spotless, but its sure not embarrassing either. Sunday night, Dennis and Robin came over to help me eat a watermelon after church. It looked like a 25lb watermelon, and Dennis loves watermelon as much as I do. He ate 1/2 of that melon, and let Robin have a few bites here and there. Yesterday, Eric was off of work to go see his doctor to have his blood pressure medicine refilled. He spent the rest of the day bush hogging and working on a disk for the tractor. Nathan, his brother, came to help and brought his son John. The kids enjoyed playing together, including Nathan and Eric. I fixed grilled duck, long grain rice, and green beans. John used to be a picky eater, so we told him it was chicken. He loved it anyway, and when we told him it was duck, he was just excited to hear his daddy and uncle Eric had helped kill it. After they left, Eric had some more friends that showed up to try duck, Anthony Jarret and his son, Nathan. There wasn't any sides left, so they ate duck and then helped finish the watermelon. The girls played while we visited, then Elizabeth read her Aunt Janna's blog before going to bed. We start school next week. We found out that we have Mrs Roark this year for second grade. I am so sad that my oldest is in second grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment