Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hair cuts

Yesterday was an eventful day. Elizabeth has been asking me for over a year to get her hair cut short. She sees her friends with straight, thin hair, get cute little bobs. I have told her that her hair will not lay like that, but she just kept on bugging me. Sunday morning, I finally gave in. We decided to cut enough off to send to Locks for Love. Yesterday we took 10 inches off the back of her hair, and it is so pretty. I will have to take a straight iron to it and that will be extra work, but she is happy. Leah and I also got a "snip-it", she called it. This was Leah's first ever hair cut. She felt so big getting to get her hair cut like the other "big" girls. Eric thinks everyone, including Elizabeth, looks cute and approves. After getting our hair cut last night, we spent the rest of the night picking up the house so the cleaning lady could come and doing homework.

This last weekend was another entertaining weekend. I told Eric we have had company at our house so much in the last two months. Eric's brother's wife and two kids came over Saturday. We watched Eric make me a brick path from where we park our cars to the deck. He did such a wonderful job and didn't fuss a bit. We did a little to help, but mainly we just enjoyed gossiping together. It was such a nice weekend. Elizabeth went with mom and dad to Clinton to pick peaches and see Aunt Marg and Uncle Si and Leah stayed with us. I think she kind of regretted staying with us, because she was crying when she got up that morning, saying "I want my sissy." We took her to eat Chinese and look at campers, so that helped her mood.

I know this blog is all over the place, my writing skills stink today, but it will have to do. Many things to do and not near as much time to get them done as I use to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment