Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rocky Mountain National Park

So we left yesterday headed South. For miles and miles. And more miles. In Wyoming, I counted motorcycles for 100 miles. I got to 170. Plus or minus a few. And they were all going the opposite direction. Oh- and 4 toy haulers. I suspect they were headed to Sturgis. It is that time of the year.

I wanted to mark another national park off my list and the Rocky Mountain National Park was SO close, so off we went. What a beautiful drive. We made it to the park a little after 4 and left probably an hour and half later. It was a quick trip. We would have loved to stay longer, AND it definitely a place we will return to, but we gotta go home.

Ain't they precious !

I chose a motel close to I70 in Denver and I made a great pick!! Homewood Suits is close to the airport, so they cater alot to the traveling businessman. Huge bathroom, King size bed, queen size sleeper sofa, kitchenette (which we had no need for) and lots and lots of room. So sad we couldn't stay there longer, it was such a nice room. And of course the girls got to swim. We even had a nice Tai place within walking distance. Everyone had a little bit of sushi and some seafood entrées.

So today Eric says we are gonna make it home. REALLY?? Denver to home. Uuuuuggg Long day ahead.

2 comments:

  1. It may have been a short visit at the park but you got to see some beautiful USA.

    ReplyDelete