Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well it's official, unofficially

The pediatrician said yesterday that Elizabeth has the flu. Eric asked if they would swab her nose, so that we would know for sure that she had the flu. The pediatrician said that she would, but that it would probably come back negative. And it did. The pediatrician said she has all the symptoms of the flu, and maybe because we came in so early, it came back negative. The lady at the pharmacy said the test are only about 65% accurate anyway. I don't know if anyone knows what they are doing. All I know is that we are going to annihilate the flu today. She currently has been free of fever for about 2 hours, and I am forcing fluids down her to flush this mess out. She is about to finish the water I have in front of her, and I promised her some OJ after that. She said the water was too much, but as I type, she is finishing it now. She must really want some orange juice. Hahaha - she now is getting up to go to the bathroom. It is now my prayer that Leah will not get the flu. Her birthday party is Friday night.

It is a beautiful day today, again!! If it gets warm enough today, I may let Elizabeth get some sunshine on the deck. Isn't that what they did for TB years ago? haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment