Friday, October 23, 2009

Back to school we go....

I am writing this before the girls get up, even though I just heard Leah whining "mmmoooommmmy". We are back to school today. I am so spoilt. Even though Elizabeth has been sick this week, I have enjoyed the week at home. Leah's birthday party is this evening, so I have had the last 3 days to plan and prepare. ( oh wait - she is in the bed with me now, and her back "itches" so I will have to give her a quick back scratch. Humph, life of a princess.) As I was saying, it has been soooo nice to be at home, and I even had the house cleaner come yesterday. My mom wanted to know what I had been doing all week to need a house cleaner. Mom- guess you should have had 2 kids, then you could ask - hehehehe- JUST KIDDING. While "Nonnie", my house cleaner, was here, the girls and I went upstairs to do homework with Elizabeth and I was going to try to catch up on my charting, but this horrible messy play room kept staring at me, so I cleaned up instead. We shared our chicken soup with Nonnie, and not long after that she went home. I also did laundry while she was cleaning, and so now ALL my laundry and housework is done. I asked Eric if I could quit work and stay home AND hire Nonnie - He quickly replied we wouldn't have a house for Nonnie to clean if I quit work. (Sigh) Oh well, back to work next week I will go.

Tonight is Leah's birthday party. It is a Razorback theme this year. We go ALL out for our girls birthday's. We even have a special "party dress" for Leah - she will be dressed in a red "formal" as the Razorback Homecoming Princess - she said she couldn't' be a queen - queens were old. We have about 25 people invited, even though I don't know if they will be brave enough to show up, since we had the flu outbreak at our house this week. Tomorrow is Fall Festival at Poyen. Elizabeth is the Queen of her class and she has to be there at 12:30 for pictures and to be ready to start by 2. Then they have a carnival on the school campus, which the kids really enjoy. Its a real big deal, and one of the selling points to Poyen, because it is an event where SSSOOO many parents have to be involved. It's an event for the k-6th grade and each grade has 2 classes. Each class King and queen have to have a fund raiser and that money goes toward the PTO. The class that makes the most money wins the King and Queen contest. Our class doesn't have a lot of.....well..... gumption. We only raised $100 and most of that was from Elizabeth's side of the family. The other classes raise A LOT more than that. Then each teacher is responsible for doing a "booth" at the carnival and each booth cost money to participate. (Our class is a cake walk). THEN.. they have a basketball tournament .... .THEN they have BINGO. Anyway, they raise a LOT of money for the PTO.

Tomorrow, after all the events at Fall Festival, I have quiet the surprise for the girls. I can't believe I have kept this a secret for so long. AND BOY, am I going to regret even signing myself up for this!! Mylie Cyrus tickets. I know... stupid me. We'll see, maybe I will be crowned as "You are the best mom in the whole wide world!"

THEN SUNDAY - Church, my great-aunt Valeeta's birthday party for lunch, then back to church for youth led services and snacks afterwards.

Oh my. I am exhausted already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment