Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We Survived the Weekend

Barely! Leah had a great party Friday night. I think we had 21 guest at our house. We ate chicken spaghetti and pepperoni spaghetti. Mom made a salad and we also had bread. All the kids were in their razorback red and looked great. Leah was spoilt with great new clothes and toys.

Saturday was busy as I thought it would be. Elizabeth made the most beautiful Fall Festival Queen, if I do say so myself. She was a doll. The King and Queen Contest raised almost $8,000!! Then it cost a dollar to get in the door to see the contest, and it was packed in the gym. THEN - they had a festival with games that each cost 50 cents to a dollar. THEN - the BINGO game raised over $550. The PTO had great support from Malvern and Sheridan businesses in donations and as always, the parents really give great support. I was once again impressed with the turn-out.

After the Fall Festival I told the girls we would go for a Girls Night Out. They asked what we would be doing and I told them that it was a surprise. On the way to the Mylie Cyrus concert, they tried to guess what we would be doing. It took them all the way to Little Rock to guess and then I still had to tell them. They couldn't believe that we were getting to see Mylie Cyrus in "real person". They had a great time. I am glad I brought earplugs, because Leah needed them. And as I told Eric the next day - Mylie Cyrus would not make it through the 1st round of American Idol. She can make a good CD, but in person......Well - the girls enjoyed it. Leah danced the night away!! Elizabeth was just so aw struck, she couldn't' do anything. After the concert, we walked across the river bridge back to our car, with the crescent moon shining over the river, and then went for ice cream. It was a great night with the girls.

Sunday we went to church and then had a birthday celebration for Aunt Veleeta. She turned 80. During church her Sunday School Class presented her with a appreciation plaque and coffee mug with our picture. She was quiet surprised and I think she had a great day!. Sunday night was the youth led program. They made it an appreciation event for dad and mom, and it was really nice. A lot of good memories were shared and we had good fellowship afterward.

Monday was back to work. I have started coming down with a monster cold. It's one of the worst colds I've had in a long time, and I hate being sick! But life must go on and it's a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment