Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our calling....

A year and a half ago, Eric and I began discussing foster care. I met a 2 year old in one of my home health patient's home that began a work in our home and hearts. Now that we have been through the paperwork, training and home studies, we are just waiting for our first foster child.

Even though they didn't enter the foster care program to become foster parents, our friends Wayne and Lindsey have been a wealth of information to us getting involved. They got involved in the system to become adoptive parents, and the Lord has blessed them with two beautiful children. in the last 3 weeks, God has net them 2 more children, both under the age of 2. They have their hands FULL.

They had the opportunity last night to go to a Travelers Baseball game with one of the kids t-ball teams. So I volunteered to come to their house and keep the two new ones. I thought it would be easier on the kids AND the parents and that way I could get the kids down for bed after bath-time. It was also a pay- back to Wayne for giving Eric and I first aide and CPR training that DHS require. I took the girls with me and pizza and cookies. We had lots of fun.

Aren't they adorable with their little blue faces?? Since they are foster kids, they have to have privacy maintained.

We played, we giggled, we had baths and got in our sweet pj's. We then cuddled one at a time until they fell fast asleep in my arms. I love putting babies to sleep. They are so sweet when they are quiet (

No comments:

Post a Comment