Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birthday weekend

After stitches on Thursday night, Friday was spent getting ready for our birthday weekend. My precious Elizabeth turned 9 Sunday. NINE!! My husbands step-mom really made me feel terrible when she said "I wonder if the next 9 years will go by this fast?!?". Urg!

Friday, Leah and I spent all day shopping for Elizabeth's present and party supplies. We also had to make a few trips to my Little Rock office for computer repairs. I thought Leah might would get bored, but she was a real trooper. She even indulged me, and let us eat at the sushi buffet. She earned a few brownie points.

On Saturday morning, we began the birthday celebration. My nephew, Samuel's birthday is the 16th, Elizabeth's is the 17th and my niece, Lauren's is the 18th. We decided this would be the year to combine a party in Fordyce for the Petty clan. Eric's brother in Fordyce preaches at a church there, and so a lot of kids come for the celebration. This year, Lauren is really into to horses, so we even got to go ride horses at an arena close by. But boy was it HOT!

Then we had a party at our house for friends of Elizabeth. It was all kids from church. I told the parents that if they wanted to spend the night, they were welcome to do so. We had about 9 kids show up and 4 kids spent the night. They had so much fun and had lots of cake and ice cream AND candy. They didn't go to sleep till after 1am and it was hard to get up for church the next morning.

After church on Sunday, We ate a wonderful lunch at mom's. Elizabeth opened all her presents from us and the Barnes side of the family. Harley got to stay with us after church and go swimming with the girls. It was a great day.

Now we just have to get the house back in order. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment