Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bumps, lumps and stitches

What a week!! But the topper came on Thursday afternoon at 2 when the babysitter, Sammie, called and said in a sweet calm voice "I think you need to come home."

Me "oh- ok. What's wrong?".

Sammie " Well- Leah and Elizabeth were playing in your bedroom and Leah flipped off your bed and her head hit the recliner.". It's an old recliner with wood trim. "she has a big knot and it's bleeding a lot."

So I left little rock and headed home. Now, I've known Sammie a long time- all her life! I know she will never be a nurse because she is super squeamish. My mind conjured up ideas that she had passed out and the girls were freaking out trying to get her up. So I called my dad to go check out the situation. So he was there to help out before I came home. Also, when Leah gets hurt, which has been more often than not, Elizabeth is the one to flip out- and this time was no different she doesn't like blood either.

I knew as soon as I saw it it would be a trip to the ER. So off to Arkansas Children's Hospital we went.

I had to pay her a dollar to let me take pics for the blog. She was quite embarrassed. Scared to death too.

But the staff at Children's were wonderful. See the smile on her face??

This is the stuffed animal the hospital gave her after it was all over with. She is spoilt wherever she goes.

A "tree" in the hospital.

6 stitches later and all is better.

1 comment: