Saturday, May 2, 2009

Deep Breath

I haven't blogged in several days due to a family emergency. It's not something I want to talk too much about just yet, so forgive my discretion. Wednesday night was, I believe the scariest night of my life. I bought a book yesterday titled " The Survivors Club". I heard about it on the Glenn Beck program, a talk radio host with conservative values who talks politics. I just began reading this book about people who have survived from impossible situations and I love this statement from the book " The best survivors understand that normal is just a fleeting state of mind. Indeed normalcy may seem steady and constant, but it's really just the intermission between the chaos and messiness of life." I love my family and my friends, and I have a great family and great friends. They have lifted me in thoughts and prayers this week like I have never been lifted before. Last year on May 2nd, a tornado ripped through our community and this week another "tornado" has ripped through again. We are hanging on to that tornado, and when we fall back to
normalcy may I be found to be a survivor.

2 comments:

  1. Niki Poo:
    I love the blog, you are doing a great job but we need photos!! Love you!! Aunt Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you from the link on Janna's blog. I am praying for you and yours. Love, Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete