Friday, May 29, 2009

I have heard I am in trouble for not writing more blog. When I began this I knew that would be my downfall. So take my apology now, I won't do as well as my Aunt Janna. BUT, Aunt Janna doesn't have a full time job, 2 kids and Eric for a husband. (God love him).
Elizabeth and Leah had ballgames last night. Both did really good, Elizabeth got several outs and Leah hit one of her balls hard enough to run to 1st and help Elizabeth to get to home to score. It was lots of fun.
Right now, we are on our way to Kentucky. we just crossed the river bridge in Memphis. We've been gone for 3 hours and Leah has asked a million times "Are we there yet?" When we stopped in Brinkley for a potty break, Elizabeth found us a hotel to stay in. We told her we weren't quite there yet. Eric has had one "run- in" with a truck driver. So this may be an exciting trip!!
We are planning to mark another National Park off of my list. I have a list of "10 things to do before I die". I haven't got 10 things yet, BUT, one of the 10 things is to take my girls to all 50 National Parks before I die. When we went to Oregon last year, I got to mark of 3, and since times are a little tighter this year, we are having a quick vacation to Kentucky. Mammoth Cave National Park is located in Kentucky. We also plan to take a drive to the Red River Gorge, which Southern Living had an article about in April. If times allows, we also plan to visit Abraham Lincoln's birthplace and boyhood home.
I hope to be able to blog our trip, but I don't know how well the air card will work, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment