Saturday, September 3, 2011

Crafty week

This began it all. A simple invitation. Eric's second cousin is getting married and a mutual friend of mine and her's is throwing her a shower. My camera doesn't do any justice, but a blog is little without pics.

I bought some cheap paper from Walmart, added a ribbon and sparkly leaf, and it just turned out so cute , if I say so myself. By the way- she's having a fall theme wedding.

All that said- it sparked my crafty bone this weekend. Charles and Sherly kept the girls Friday night so I got started. I have TONS of scrap paper I have gathered over the years. While in Hobby Lobby this week, I found a cute magazine that had lots of ideas to make cards. So card making I began -

I had a few people in mind to give these to, but then I read a blog by a fellow foster parent. She was challenging her readers to send notes to friend, relatives, ect - just an encouraging word. So more cards I made.

I've got to get some more stamps Tuesday. It was lots of fun using my creative brain this weekend. Now I've got to clean up my creative kitchen table. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment