Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Do unto others......

My parents have been gone for over a week. Eric's dad and step-mom have also been gone. So last weekend was a grand-parent free weekend/ week. Eric's parents are gone to New York to visit Sherley's aunt. Mom and Dad, as most of you know, are heading home today from Romania. I can't wait to hear the stories.

It was another Petty weekend. Eric and Nathan worked on deer-stands Friday and Saturday. Nathan's family came after lunch on Saturday. It was truly a redneck day at the Petty house- the kids and men shot guns, fished at the pond, played in the barn, tormented the animals, ect.... We had deer chili for supper and watched the razorback game.

Sunday Grandma Barnes and I had to fend for ourselves - TRAVESTY! Actually we did pretty good with a mexican casserole, cabbage/vegi slaw, and squash casserole. Yummy.

I got the pleasure of getting to see after Penny's animals starting Sunday, until she gets home from Romania. We love going to the farm. It's so clean and shady and peaceful.

Isn't Pepper beautiful??!!?

HEY! What about me???

I don't usually like cats, but this one is ok. Well it's really a good cat cause it leaves me alone. And has a lion face. And it stays at the barn. I like it.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get your dislike of cats from me?? Love you, I can't wait to hear about Romania too.

    ReplyDelete