Friday, November 4, 2011

Life just got busier....

What was I thinking? Am I insane? Didn't I have the "already busy life" with two already busy little girls?!?!

So almost two years ago, God started preparing us to become foster parents. At first we said "there is this one child we want". God said no. Then we said "we just want to be relief parents. Help out those foster patents that are working so hard.". God said no. "we want all this paperwork and classes over with. Why can't DHS get their stuff together and get us open??". God said "not yet". Until about two weeks ago. And O MY. What were we thinking??

God didn't send us one child or two children. He sent us TWO babies. TWO! SIBLINGS. What was their mom thinking! That's just it she wasn't, but I digress.
This challenge from God has sent my world into a crazy topsy turvey whirl-spin. Not only did foster children/babies come into our life, we have had crazy work schedules, sickness and just plain ole life that was already going on. I think the devil likes to stir the pot, too, when your doing God's work.

I made this cake for Leah's birthday. With extra kids in my house.
Am I wore out? Am I looking a little ruff around the edges? Am I crazy? Crazier? YES. But does God ask us to do easy? Sometimes, but not always. Sometimes the things we need to do are very hard, but as Isaiah 55:8 says "My thoughts are not your thoughts, and my ways are not your ways,". Many times this last two weeks I have asked, my friends and family have asked "what are you thinking?". I'm trying not to think. I'm trying to rely on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment