Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beutiful Weather

I think I have slowed down, but I am still on the go. My house keeper came Wednesday and it was nice to come home to a clean house. I had to work late and then go to church that night, so it much more enjoyed on Thursday.

Friday, after I took Elizabeth to school, Leah, Dad and I enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant in Poyen. Another delicious breakfast. It is a small diner, where everyone seems to know everyone. And they have a GREAT breakfast and good coffee. After breakfast, we headed to Stuttgart to drop off a gun barrel for Eric's shotgun at Mack's. Mack's is this MASSIVE hunting store, that got their start from selling duck hunting supplies. I even enjoy shopping in there, and I bought my first Christmas present there. Leah likes to go to because there are a lot of mounted animals that she can look at. After that, we went back into Pine Bluff to buy the meat for the church bar-b-q. It was then time to go get Elizabeth from school. When we did finally get to come home, we enjoyed the afternoon enjoying beautiful weather on the deck. After supper, Eric put new breaks on my car and the girls and I went to wash chickens at Granny's. We ended up having help from Pat and Harley and then Keith and Teresa Williams stopped in after we were done. They stayed and visited and we had a good night with friends.

Saturday we slept in and I only did what I wanted to do. I picked up the house a little and did laundry. We watched the wonderful football game on TV - GO HOGS! I then cooked some backed beans and cole slaw to take to the bar-b-q. Eric took a long nap and then we went to eat. We had about 70 people come and had 4 large pans of meat left on the cooker. We then enjoyed singing in the church. Elizabeth went home with Granny and Leah came home with us. She is becoming a momma's girl. UGH!

We went to Sunday school this morning and left before church. (That is Eric and I). We left the girls with Granny and we are on our way to take a Fall Foliage Tour on the Arkansas Queen, which is on the Arkansas River. Sounds like fun to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment